Senate Administrative Assistants
- Welcomes and assists visitors to the office
- Screens incoming calls for the office; assists callers, takes messages, and routes calls to the appropriate staff.
- Responds to constituent inquiries.
- Maintains files of Senators expenses.
- Composes letters, memos, and other correspondence.
- Opens and distributes the mail; faxes priority correspondence to the Senators district office
- Maintains an e-mail account for the Senator; reviews messages; researches and responds to messages or routes messages to appropriate staff members or to the Senator
- Responds to invitations.
- Stocks and organizes office supplies; reports equipment repair needs.
- Schedules Senate pages from the Senators district.
- Distributes or mails photographs taken during session.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations. Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. (Political Science, International Affairs, Communication, etc.)
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
For more information please read the full description HERE.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Stacy Peery, Senate Staffing Director.